Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Why blog?

Anyone who knows me well will most likely be suprised that I am blogging. There are many reasons why I've decided to do this now, one of which includes insight. As a student, I pored over blogs, websites and anything else I could to help me in my journey through school and now as I am entering my first job as a newly certified nurse-midwife. While my focus will be mostly my midwife adventures, obviously while perserving the privacy of all my patients, I will include some Darby family fun. So here it goes...

While in school, I couldn't wait to get out into the real world and begin practicing midwifery. Though I do realize I still have so much to learn and will always be learning, I took for granted the safety net and support system that being a student provided. In fact, the first few days after classes were officially over, I cried. A lot. After talking it over with a few people, I came to realize that being a student-midwife had become my identity. And that identity was gone. I felt lost and a little betrayed that I was being released so seemingly easily into the professional world. It took me a few days of grieving to realize that I was ready and was thankful that my instructors and mentors thought so too. I signed up to take the boards as quickly as I could and began to study...

I became official on May 21st, 2010. Sarah Darby, CNM.

2 comments:

  1. Keep blogging. I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! It's about time... now I can keep up with your adventures and live vicariously through you.... I still have a blog...or I restarted one rather. www.lovelife-laura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete